Unfortunately, some flights arrive in Iceland REALLY early. Our office opens at 8 AM and our free airport shuttle starts running at 8:15, so you might have some time to kill until we can pick you up. Thankfully, the airport has free WiFi, some comfortable chairs, and a coffee shop to make the wait easier. Around 8:15, please look out for us holding a Happy Campers sign with your name on it.
We are open all days from 8:00 to 17:00. Yes, that includes Sundays!
If you get an error saying “No car in this category available on this date”, I’m afraid we don’t have any available camper vans. If you get an error saying “This category is not available at this time”, it means that you chose a date that is during our closing season (December-February). Our booking engine on our website has the most accurate and updated information about our availability and is the best place to book. Bookings are automatically scheduled in the most efficient way possible, so if you are getting an error, unfortunately we cannot help you find availability even if we wanted to. If you are flexible, try changing your dates slightly to find available rental periods and/or change the camper van category.
The minimum rental period is 3 full days (72 hours). You are welcome to rent the camper van for a shorter period of time, but the charge will be for 3 days.
Yes, no problem. You can cancel your reservation but make sure to give us a 20 day notice. Our cancellation policy requires that you must send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 20 days prior to your pickup time! If you let us know 20 days or more in advance, your 30% deposit will be refunded completely. If not, your deposit is not refundable - no exceptions.
Yes, we offer a free shuttle bus service to our customers at Keflavik International Airport and within the greater Keflavik area. This service is both available for customers who are picking up their camper van and those who are returning it. Please select the shuttle service option when making your booking and type in your information. Best practice is to select a time for the shuttle service that is about 30 minutes before your campervan pickup time if you are not coming from a flight. If you are coming from a flight, expect us to pick you up approx. 30 minutes after your flight arrives, since it will take some time for you to get through baggage claim and customs.
If you don’t have your address or flight information yet, don’t worry, you can always send it to us later but make sure to do so as soon as possible. We will send you a reminder a few days before your rental starts. Our shuttle will give you a ride from the airport or hotel to our office, where you will pick up your campervan and begin your rental. When you return the camper van, you can use our free shuttle to get back to the airport or your hotel in the Keflavik area, but the shuttle will run approx. every 30 minutes, so there is no need to schedule it in advance. The shuttle service is available from 08:15-17:00 for arriving customers but from 08:00-16:30 for customers returning their campervan.
You can confirm your booking by paying either a 30% deposit or for the entire rental during our secure online booking process. When paying online, you will need to use a credit card. If you pay the 30% deposit online, you can pay for the remaining 70% at our office with a debit card or credit card. This card does not need to be the same card that you used to pay the 30% deposit. We cannot accept cash in any currency, including Euros and Icelandic Krona or any other payment method, such as a wire transfer or PayPal. Just remember that we always need a valid credit card from the lessee (driver) for security and insurance reasons.
Yes, a Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is included in the rental price, which limits the driver's liability to a certain amount. The liability amount is EUR 2.500,- for each accident. Please review the terms & conditions for CDW details before booking a campervan.
New legislation prohibits parking overnight in a camper van outside organized campsites or urban areas. You may still set up a traditional tent in Iceland, with some restrictions. Please ask us about the details of camping with a traditional tent if interested. The most important thing to know is that different rules now apply to camper vans, so you always need to find an organized campsite to spend the night. Check out this map for information about campsites that stay open during the winter months.
Be happy camper and take advantage of some of the amazing campsites all over the country!